5 Books That Broke My Heart

Saturday, August 16, 2014


Gather the tissue boxes because today, I have compiled a list of five tear-jerkers that will (hopefully) leave you a useless mush of feels! (At least they left me a useless mush of feels. I really don't know about you. Sadly.)

1. The Book Thief - Markus Zusak
You probably saw that coming from like a 50 mile radius, but this book definitely tops the list here. My heart not only ached by the time the book concluded, I was sobbing or more like bawling my eyes off. I love everything about this book, and honestly, every time I need a good cry I could just re-read it. Again and again and again. If the perfect book exists, this is it.

2. Wonder - R.J. Palacio
Auggie's story had me drenched in emotion and love - for the little boy who is a true wonder. His courage, bravery, and the support he got from his family was extremely touching. 

3. Before I Fall - Lauren Oliver
Before I Fall was my second book by Lauren Oliver, and absolutely hard-breaking and beautifully written. A book about time and an overall premise behind it that reminds you of the true value of life.

4. To Kill A Mockingbird - Harper Lee
Contrary to (not so) popular belief this book is  not about killing mockingbirds. The meaning behind the title goes much deeper than this. This is one of the books that I read when I just started getting interested in reading. The emotion behind the whole thing is still fresh in my mind!

5. All The Truth That's In Me - Julie Berry



This is the book where I rooted for the main character so hard, wishing all way that she would get her justice. This book made me sad, broke my heart and then ended in a satisfying way that had me smiling nevertheless.

All of these are pretty well-known and it's more than likely that you have read all. 

So, do you agree? 
Were any of these tear-jerkers for you?
Did any of them make your heart ache?
Let me know!

There might be a part two accompanying this because I still have more books to recommend!