Review: Dangerous Boys by Abigail Haas

Saturday, September 06, 2014

Genres: YA, Thriller, Contempor
Published: August 14th 2014
Publisher: Simon & Schuster UK
Book: +GoodReads  |  +Amazon  +Barnes & Noble
Author: GoodReads  | Twitter |  Website 


Three teens venture into the abandoned Monroe estate one night; hours later, only two emerge from the burning wreckage. Chloe drags one Reznick brother to safety, unconscious and bleeding; the other is left to burn, dead in the fire. But which brother survives? And is his death a tragic accident? Desperate self-defense? Or murder? Chloe is the only one with the answers. As the fire rages, and police and parents demand the truth, she struggles to piece together the story of how they got there-a story of jealousy, twisted passion, and the darkness that lurks behind even the most beautiful of faces…



This is it guys. I don't care whether Abigail Haas writes a book titled Dangerous Diapers or Dangerous Pizza - a book that  promises to make me hate pizza for the rest of my life, I'm still gobbling up everything she writes. LOOK AT THIS. She is a freaking genius at thrillers. Heck, I'd go a month without pizza if it meant I could read this book for the first time..forever. (Sorry, Pizza!)

This book freaked me out enough times to make me worry about my good health, but even then, I couldn't stop reading.

While I'd choose Dangerous Girls over this book any day, it was still every bit as amazing as anything. It was simply impossible for me to not compare it to Dangerous Girls while reading so yes, I have picked up teeny weeny bits of this and thats which when compared are not so good. But all in all, I'm more smiles than not.

I don't want to give away anything when it comes to amazing books such as this, so I'll be trying very hard to not let any spoilers slip by.

This is a thriller. And you will feel every bit of it intensely. I'm still going to go ahead and point out that I felt  the intensity on a much heavier scale when I experienced the author's writing  and execution style for the first time. I was expecting something new and unpredictable in Dangerous Boys since they are like two separate novels to start with, but it turned out to be a little predictable for my liking. Just a little predictable.

Just a little.

I must say that no matter how much my predictions were accurate, or not, I was still mesmerized and awed by how everything unfolded. The ending guys. Read aaaall of it for the ending. The ending made me frown, then I grinned like a maniac and fell into the eternal book coma, which lasted about fifteen minutes, by the way.


I love books that provoke my inner thoughts, mostly, and one of the main ideas this book suggests is that there is no good and evil. Is it that black and white? Can we just categorize people into two categories? My answer would be no. And I love how this book tells a story that is a representation of this fact. 

If anyone ever debates with me regarding the good/bad topic, I'll simply shove Dangerous Boys up their *ahem* face and I've no doubt that Abigail Haas and her book can do enough convincing to last a long time.

If you're wondering, yes, there's a love triangle in the book. Between two brothers; Oliver and Ethan, and Chloe. But I can safely say that it's the best love triangle I've ever come across. You will like Ethan and his good guy, sweet personality, Oliver and his bad boy, charming personality. You will love them. Each will have qualities about them that are immensely attractive.

That's the thing. Everyone in this book will have a good side that you will admire, but you will also suspect them. They do nice things, they are good, but does it decide their actions for the future? You will question this, and wouldn't know the answer. Unless you read the book. So if you haven't, go on. *pokes with a chopstick* Read it. Jump on the bandwagon.

Okay, I confess. This mystery, the unpredictability and the intensity  were lacking compared to the previous publication. (Why do I feel like I've already mentioned this?) But Dangerous Boys is still one hell of a shocking story. Trust me.

Which makes me wonder how Abigail Haas does it.

One truly amazing read.


On another note:  Look who is back from the grave with her brain {hopefully} intact! (As if it wasn't obvious enough.) It doesn't help that I'll have another unit test week after a while but, woot. I'm back for now! I missed all of you patoots!